PHP DeveloperBristol - Negotiable
We are looking for a PHP developer who is dedicated to their craft. We need you to write beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
The role will be a split of work; 60% will be Client work and the other 40% will be internal projects (if you have any ideas for projects we’re all ears!)
- Write “clean”, well designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Understanding of MVC frameworks – and how they assist software development
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools (primarily GIT) and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
What you can expect from us:
If you bring your passion for development, we’ll bring the perks:
- A fast moving environment, with a large variety of projects
- We’re open to suggestions: If you have some cool ideas you want to build, we’ll consider taking them on as projects.
- Investment in you: We’ll ensure you’re always learning something new. You’ll be trained up on the job, and we’ll trust you.
- Flexible working hours. We want you to come to work excited – we’re not going to suck the creative soul from inside you. 9.30 – 5PM.
- 30 days annual holiday allowance
- Coffee – we’ll supply you with a coffee/tea a day for free from our local coffee shop.
This list is just the start – We’re a small business – we’ll expand this as you work with us.